Saturday, July 17, 2010

Back to the Basics

I have a problem of overlooking the present while I try to see what the future looks like. This can be a good thing as or may give motivation to get things done, but sometimes you need to inventory the present to get an accurate view of what's ahead. And sometimes you just need to appreciate the mention without thinking of what's ahead. For example:

•My hubby and I are looking to buy a tent trailer - cheaply. We looked at one for $200, l had thought that it could be a project for us to work on but he said that it would be a LOT of work. Too much work. It was hard for me to let go of the dream of camping in that trailer.

•Everyone always tells you to cherish each moment with your children because they grow up so fast. I am sick of hearing it because I know it's true. Yet I still find myself thinking about what I will be doing when the girls are 1, 3, 6 years older. As I was holding Leigh this morning I realized that it's been a long time since I have held her and just focused on her alone.


No comments: