Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Back on the Dieting Wagon

I have been on and off of the dieting wagon for the past...well probably since I have had my first daughter, 3 1/2 years ago, but mostly since October.  I have to honestly say that before that I think I was just waiting for the pounds to drop off by themselves.  Lame, I know.  I don't seem to have an kind of stick-to-it-iveness.  I quit the Atkins diet because it was costing me too much in meat.  I am now just plain counting my calories, while trying to make sure that I eat the good calories and don't waste my calories on the bad (but oh-so-good-tasting) foods.

I have been doing the calorie counting for at least a month now, but haven't lost weight because I will count every food for about 3 days, and then I stop.  Then I start again after a few more days.  Back and forth, back and forth!  So maddening!  Sometimes I feel like it mirrors my relationship with God.  I will keep focussed on Him for a few days and then stop.  Back and forth, back and forth.  Hopefully I can stop both of these issues! 

I feel like I have been given a refreshing from God, so hopefully I keep with it, and don't get discouraged again.  We'll see.

2 comments:

Diana S. said...

My goodness! You could've been describing me to a Tee! I am with you!

Erica said...

Glad to know I'm not alone!