Friday, June 17, 2011

Preschool is Coming Along

Today Abby was sick.  And without any warning.  Well, she was cuddly and not wanting to run around and play, she just wanted to lie with me on the couch, but sometimes she's like that.  I didn't think anything of it until after she threw up all over the couch, rug, herself, and myself.  Poor kid.  She couldn't keep anything down today.  So we haven't done much except watch movies. 

Yes, I let her watch movies all day.  Poor mom award, right here.  But honestly, I don't think there's anything wrong with a movie day once in awhile.  It's not like she's sick every day.  Plus I needed something to get her mind off of food because despite being sick, she still wants to eat.  But I can't let her.  So the movies sufficiently distract her.

We didn't do any kind of "work" today, but I have to toot my own horn and say that we have actually been doing "work" almost every day this week, and even most of last week!  By "work" I am meaning preschool activities intended to teach her stuff. 

We have been using the Raising Rock Stars Preschool activities from 1+1+1=1, as well as preschool packs from there and Homeschool Creations.  We don't do everything but kind of piece things together.  I also will just look over the internet for crafty ideas for the letters and such.

We have been working through the alphabet, and are currently on C.  Each week there is a verse and song, that we sing every day and Abby really enjoys that.  She will even drag me over to the chart so we can go through them.  It is encouraging to see her wanting to do this.  She will either repeat the words after me for the verse, or try to say them with me.  And she will sing the song.  Even if she doesn't know it.  It's so cute. 

After that we usually do some little worksheets or craft or something.  There are some tracing ones, and she isn't too keen on staying on the line.  I think that she could, but she just likes to follow the gist of where the line is going.  The ends justifies the means, kind of thing.  But she enjoys this and that's what counts! 
I was trying to get a picture of her matching pictures and words; 
she just wanted to make faces at the camera

No comments: