Friday, April 1, 2011

And...Again With the Dieting

I haven't written about weight-loss of dieting for a bit now.  There is a very good (or I suppose bad) reason for that.  I haven't been sticking with it at all.  In fact, after my last post, in January I think, about counting calories, I gained weight.  So much for that!

But now I am sort-of on track again, with what feels like more motivation than I had before.  No, motivation isn't the right word, since I've always had the same motives to move me.  More like, determination.  Yes, determination is the word.  I am determined to lose this weight because I am just sick, sick, SICK to death of being overweight.  I am losing most, if not all, self-respect that I ever had for myself, and I didn't have much to begin with anyways!

I am using the online tool My Fitness Pal to track my calories.  I inputed my current weight and what my ideal weight would be and it gave me a daily total number of calories that I am allowed to eat.  I can keep a food diary online, so that it keeps track of how many calories I am eating and (more importantly) how many I have left for the day.

Most of the foods I love, are super-high in calories.  Bummer.  But I am really trying to stick with it.  I did go over my daily "allotment" yesterday, but who can say no to cheesy double baked stuffed potatoes?  Well, maybe you can, but yesterday I couldn't.  Today I only had one though.  So that is a miracle in itself since I looooooooove potatoes.  Always have.

I am finding that by disciplining myself to enter my food online and see how much I am actually eating, it is helping me to say no when I want to snack or eat more.  I am really realizing that I am a bored eater.  I eat, just because I have "nothing better to do."  Though that is a lie because I have a whole house full of better things to do than eat some more crackers.  (Funny thing, it is crackers, not sweets, that are my weakness.)  I have also decided that I will try to post more on here, in an effort to keep myself honest.  Because I hate having to admit to anyone, even online people I've never met, that I have once again failed.

Oh, and I am trying to exercise more.  Wait, I should rephrase that.  I am thinking about exercising more.  I am planning to go for a walk everyday.  But so far I only went for a walk on Tuesday this week.  But I have been sick so I'm giving myself a break.  I figure that walking will be a good calorie burner for me since I am pushing Abby in the stroller and carrying Leigh in a toddler backpack.  And if the info I looked up about backpacking is right, that's a very excellent calorie burner.  Plus I live around hills.  Even the "level" streets aren't actually level, they are subtle hills. 

So that's where I am. 

No comments: