Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The First Dentist Experience

Abby had her very first visit to the dentist today, and we both survived. And not even just survived, but there was no big, screaming fit either! She didn't want to lie down on the chair, but she sat on my lap with her head in the dentist's lap and was fine! I was so relieved. I was prepared to be sent from the room while they forcefully held her down.

But I really liked the manner of this dentist, he was so patient with her, and he explained everything so well to me. Definitely a good experience.

Abby does have some cavities, but I already knew that. So the plan to fix those is to take her to the hospital and put her under general anesthetic. I am glad that we can get them dine, but it feels a little hard for me to think of my girl going under. But the appointment isn't until November 2, so I have plenty of time to get used to it.

No comments: